The human eyes are a very important part of their body as it is the means through which we can devour the beauty of this world. Other external parts are also equally important but the significance that our eyes possess is something beyond just ordinary. Hence, it becomes our sole responsibility to take care of our eyes in any and every means possible.
In today’s time, the fast-paced technological means and the digital revolution has made people glued to the screens of their mobiles and computers to a greater extent. We hardly see a person who does not spend roughly 7 to 8 hours looking at these screens which causes heavy harm to their eyes.
Most of us don’t feel it as we have become accustomed to this lifestyle but at some point of life we feel the jitters well and suffer from eye diseases like myopia and hypermetropia that are short sightedness and long sightedness respectively. That is when people need glasses or lenses to acquire a full vision of everything around them.
There are different types of contact lenses to fit the need and choice of people according to their eye problems, likewise, there are different designs of spectacles too when it comes to choosing one. Here, we are going to discuss more the lenses.
There are way too many types of contact lenses, some of them are mentioned below
- Daily wear lenses– these types of contact lenses are intended for the purpose of daily use. They can be worn for almost eighteen hours a day and are either discarded or reused depending on the condition of it. They are mainly used by the ones who have vision issues with their eyes and can’t do without glasses; they make contacts with the same power and use it for their necessary requirements.
- Bifocal or multifocal lenses– best fitted for the eyes of the aged people, these contact lenses provide relief from the problem of presbyopia. They are made in a way that they provide more than two forms of corrections that shift throughout the entire lens to deliver ‘corrective refraction’ for their eyes. They can be either used for curing any disorder of the eyes that the elderly person suffers from or it can be just used for effective vision increment of their eyes.
- Soft and hard lenses– the soft contact lenses are exclusively designed to wear for one day that can extend to a month’s time also. Thee type of lenses are full of water content and thus are easy to wear for a longer period. They usually cover the entire cornea and some parts of the sclera as well. On the other hand, hard lenses are made from Plexiglas that is a harder form of glass available for making contact lenses. As they are comparatively harder than the other form of lenses and restrict the inflow of oxygen to the human eyes, the takers of these are less. It also increases the discomfort of the ones who use it often.
- Coloured lenses– mostly used as fashion statements, coloured contacts come in as many colours as you want. The variety ranges from brown to green and other suitable forms. But it is not only used for increasing the beauty of the eyes, they are also used as the normal powered lenses for the correction of eyesight in an individual.
- Toric and spherical lenses– Toric lenses rely on lid interaction and gravity to treat the warp in our cornea by rotating to the right angle. This warp causes the condition of astigmatism in our eyes. The spherical contacts are a simple form of spherical lenses that treat presbyopia, hypermetropia and myopia of our eyes.
The final take
When you put too much pressure on your eyes, they are bound to hurt. Some individuals suffer from eye problems early in their life due to the extreme pressures of studies and improper nutrition while some of them suffer later in their life due to the obvious age-related issues.
That is why it’s always recommended to feed the children with such kind of foods that are good for their eyes and would help them acquire healthy eyesight in the long run as well. Some of these food items are green leafy vegetables, carrots, oranges and any other citrus rich fruits, vitamin-A containing foods and other such items which are good for our eyesight and eye health.
In extremely severe cases, people can even lose their complete sight if they pressurize their eyes way too much. That is why it is advised by the ophthalmologists to start taking care of your eyes at an early age and keep nurturing it regularly to avoid any trouble related to the precious part of your body- the eyes!